For Real Girls with Real Problems!



Friday 8 October 2010

Little Boots Haul

Evening girlies and Happy Friday!

So today on my lunch break I popped into boots to pick up a couple of things. The main reason I went was because I wanted to check out the new Xperience line from Max Factor.



There are 4 items in the range, a Foundation, Mascara, Lip Tint and a Sheer Gloss Balm. I was originally going to buy one of each item but when I swatched the Gloss Balm I decided I didn't really want it because it didn't give off a lot of colour. This is currently on introductory offer in boots with up to £3 off each item.

The foundation comes in 6 shades and retails at £12.99. I got 40 - Light Ivory, which is their lightest shade and is described as being a luxurious full coverage foundation with a weightless feel. Suitable for sensitive skin, oil free and has SPF 10.

The mascara is a volumising mascara which comes in black or brown. I opted for Black and this retails at £10.99

Last but not least is the Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint. This comes in 3 shades which are all lovely and I wasn't sure which one I wanted the most but in the end I went for 03 - Pink Princess. This is just like a thick felt tip pen and you just colour your lips in with it! The lip stain costs £6.99.

Here is a swatch of the foundation and the lip stain:


The last thing I got was the Umberto Giannini Morning After Dry Shampoo. If I have to use dry shampoo I normally use Bastiste for Brunettes but even though it's kind of tinted brown it still makes your hair look abit grey! I've heard so many good things about this dry shampoo and that it doesn't leave hair white so I'll be letting you know how I get on with that.

Over the weekend I am going to do some proper examples of the products I've bought recently on my face. I haven't so far this week because when I get home from work now it's already dark and when I take pictures in artificial light rather than natural daylight it takes me ages to to get a semi decent picture which shows the colours properly so I apologise about my crapness there!

Hope you've all had a great week and thanks for reading.

Z x

EDIT: Oooh I almost forgot, I got this in Dorothy Perkins too today.

They had 20% off everything today and I tried on a beautiful purple top which I really wanted to get but I decided not to. The reason is because I'm in the middle of a weight loss journey at the moment, I've lost 1.5 stones so far but want to lose another 2-3 maybe. I am only 5"3 so technically I should weigh about 8 stone even though I don't think I've ever weighed 8 stone in my whole life!! I tried on a size 12 and it fit like a glove but I could tell straight away that if I lose even a small amount of weight it's going to be too big.
I don't want to waste money on clothes if they aren't going to last very long! Ho hum x

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what you think of the UG dry shampoo - I had it in my basket in boots earlier and then ended up putting it back for my usual Batiste brunette! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definately let you know hun, I hope it smells nicer than Bastiste too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm a big fan of Max Factor foundations and mascaras so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of these! The lip stain looks like a great colour in the pic.

    Have a fab weekend :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-the dry shampoo is my fave.. I ran out yesterday and used batiste today - ick ick yuck in comparison!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that dry shampoo! I love Umberto Gianini stuff! <3

    p.s Loving your blog =) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna try the dry shampoo! And the lip stain looks really good. i love the color.

    i am now your newest follower.

    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete