For Real Girls with Real Problems!



Wednesday 6 October 2010

MAC Venomous Villains Haul

Hello girls!
Well today was a very exciting day because I finally got my hands on the MAC Venomous Villains collection! I love Disney so this collection was very appealing for me :)

The collection went on sale on the website on Monday 4th and is hitting the stores tomorrow. I would say now that if you are interested in this collection to get down to the stores sharpish because almost all of the items on the website are now gone!

There is four parts to the collection - Cruella Deville, Malificent, Evil Queen and Dr. Facilier.
Here is what I picked up (sorry about the photo's, I will take some better one's in natural light when I take pics of me wearing them)




Left: Innocence Beware Lipstick (Creamsheen)
Right: Dark Deed Lipstick (Amplified)



Bite of an Apple Blush (Matte)




Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo - She Who Dares
I really regret not getting the other shade of this - My Dark Magic but it is now sold out. If I happen to be at a Mac store I may get it if I see one.




Beauty Powder - Briar Rose



Nail Lacquer - Formidable!




Small Eye Shadow - Her Alter Image - It has a little bit chipped out! :(

I absolutely love this collection and can't believe how quickly it sold out but I do think there are a couple of things they could have done better or haven't thought about.
In my opinion the Dr. Facilier part of the collection should have been something like Ursula from The Little Mermaid, that would have been awesome! Ursula likes red lipstick and the Magically Cool Liquid Powder from his range would have tied in with the water theme.
The second thing I think could have been done better is that they did the Compact Mirror as part of the Dr. Facilier range but I think it should have been part of the Evil Queen range because her saying is - Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all! What do you guys think?

I will put up some pics of me wearing some of these in the next day or so with hopefully some better pictures.
Thanks for reading!

Z x

6 comments:

  1. Really interesting points you made there,and your idea seems so much better than what they came up with! You should work for mac lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! :) I wish I could work for Mac haha! I probably would have bought the compact mirror if it had the evil queen on it but I don't really like dr. facilier...i noticed all of his range is still in stock so I definately think they picked the wrong character there! I'm kind of tempted by the liquid powder though, is it any good Charlotte?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very nice haul you lucky thing! I love this collection and to be honest I'd be tempted to buy half the products just cos of the packaging. Good point on the compact mirror - totally would've been better suited to the Evil Queen :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been reading so many good things about venomous villains collection. i want to try them too. :D

    p.s. i am a new follower.

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors look positively gorgeous! I just wish Mac would use safer ingredients in their makeup.

    ReplyDelete