For Real Girls with Real Problems!



Saturday 2 October 2010

Maybelline 24hr Superstay Foundation & FOTD

Hello again! I'm trying to catch up as it's taken me so long to get round to these!

As promised here is my review of the Maybelline 24hr Superstay foundation and kind of my FOTD too...though I was a bit rushed towards the end as I was late for getting to work so after I'd done my foundation I just slapped the rest on!

The shade I've got is the lightest shade they had which is 005 Light Beige. Here's a swatch and a pic of the bottle.



Here is my skin when I have put the foundation on all over - I sometimes like to block my lips out too as it's a good base to put lipsticks on. I put it on with a foundation brush from The Body Shop (one eye is a bit bloodshot because I poked myself in the eye with the brush by accident ha!) As you can see the coverage is quite good but you can still see some of my spots and acne scars.


Here is some pics after I've added the rest of my make-up.


The main things I've got on:
- MAC prep + prime SPF50
- The Body Shop All Over Face Powder - 02 (where is 01, why does it start at 02!!?)
- Clinique High Impact Mascara
- MAC Blusher - Dame
- Rimmel Lipstick - Nude Praline
- MAC Lustreglass - Love Nectar



This is a good foundation for £8.99 that has SPF15 in which you can get from boots/superdrug in the UK but it definitely doesn't last 24hrs! I put it on for work and by about mid day I had some shine so I had to use blotting paper but it still looked pretty good at the end of the day. It isn't the best foundation I've ever used but I would definitely say it's a good drugstore buy. I will carry on using this as an in between foundation. I am putting an order in with MAC soon so I'll be doing a haul on that but I am waiting for them to release the Disney Venomous Villains Collection first (very patiently I might add!) before I do the order so I'm getting a new foundation from there. I will use the Maybelline foundation until I get my new one.

Z x

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this foundation and have actually converted my sister too. I find it gives great coverage but isnt really heavy n cakey looking.

    Nice pics - love the end result, esp the blush :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete